"What type of wool should I choose?" This question we often get and therefore a compact explanation of the advantages and disadvantages of each wool type.
To start with a few general characteristics of wool:
- All wool blankets are very durable . Not only do they last long, but wool itself is a natural, renewable material.
- Color right. Wool is a material that holds the color well so that it does not discolor.
- Wool is timeless . We often hear: "Oh such a blanket we used to have at home too". But of course, in addition to the traditional patterns, there are also more and more new designs to be found.
- Wool is easy to maintain . 'Wool cleans itself' well, not entirely naturally, but this statement comes from the fact that wool itself does not hold dirt. Nowadays many blankets can be washed on a wool program with wool detergent (especially look at the washing instruction), but we are still a bit old-fashioned... Just air outside or if it snows again once: Plaid out in the snow, whipping out, drying naturally (not at a heat source) and you have another lovely fresh plaid. That's how our grandparents did it with woolen products too.
- And perhaps the most important general characteristic of wool... Nice and warm ...
In terms of type of wool, we would like to advise you:
- 100% new wool With Tartan or Herringbone Motif: The real blankets as you may remember them from grandmother. Often slightly thicker and slightly stiffer in the beginning. Favorable pricing.
- 100% new wool, Other : These are mostly the blankets with a more modern design and these are breezily woven, supple and soft, with favorable pricing.
- Recycled wool : Extra durable because these blankets are made from old blankets that along with a section of new materials are completely rewoven into new blankets. Characteristic is a high density (feels a bit like felt), in the beginning it feels slightly stiffer but that disappears quickly and the blanket feels soft.
- Lamb wool (Shetland & Merino) : These blankets are often more expensive but for that you get an extra thin blanket that feels lovely and soft.
For quality, warmth and style you have come to the right place. We sell Brilliant wool blankets in various sizes and colors , Mainly from the United Kingdom.